Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sick

Tuesday night I said to Tim "I can feel something settling in my chest", I felt fine but could just feel it coming. Wednesday I woke up with one of those horrible tight awful sounding coughs. I felt like crap, Tim insisted I go see a Dr. that morning, this sounded incredibly unnecessary to me but he drove me there so off I went!!

They made me wear a mask, like it wasn't hard enough to breath already!! And then for the first time ever I got to have the flu test done, umm not pleasant!! As the nurse firmly held the back of my head she proceeded to shove a q-tip type thing up into my sinus cavity and hold it there for 30 seconds. This was not pleasant at all!! It was negative and I went home with a antibiotic and the feeling that I would surely be better tomorrow!

I'm not better, I'm actually a little worse today the medicine makes me very sick to my stomach making it almost impossible to eat anything and keep it down when a coughing fit comes on! And the coughing, well we're all friends here, the coughing is terrible and makes this pregnant women pee in her pants every time it happens! My stomach muscles are so sore and my chest feels like it's been hit by a truck.

I'm running a low grade fever, in the high 90's or low 100's but I hate to take any kind of meds for it. Instead I take baths that are too hot, the kind you should not be taking while running a fever or pregnant, the kind where I don't even touch the cold knob! We do have the scalding safety set so it's not that hot, just enough that it burns a little when you get in and makes a sharp ripple of goose bumps over your whole body!

I can't sleep maybe 30 min's to a hour at a time before I shoot up and cough my lungs out. Hopefully tomorrow will be the day that I start to feel better, I'm sure my family would appreciate that too!!

I know you were all dying to know what was going on with me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment